1. Unseen Green - A song about a trip I took with my dad back to Scotland and England where we used to live and my hope to one day see Ireland.
2. Brian and Jennifer - A song named after a couple I met named Brian & Jennifer...except Brian's name is really Jason.
3. Life List - I'm a birdwatcher, and like most birdwatchers, I keep a list of the birds I've seen. I started to think about chasing birds, and chasing goals in life, and named the song after the things we chase.
4. As We Grow - This is mix of two songs, one that I wrote for my daughter Chloe, and one that I wrote for a friend's daughter, Skylar. It's about watching children reach their milestones.
5. Reaching - I wrote this as I was struggling through this album starting to doubt I could do it. It's about reaching inside to exceed the limits you think you have.
6. Nevermore - This song is about loss. I lost two friends (they didn't know each other) when they were young, Binu and Vijay. Great guys who passed before their time.
7. San Elijo Lagoon - This song is about a lagoon near where I live. It's one of my favorite places to birdwatch and to go to clear my mind. I find peace there and all of the excitement and beauty that nature has to offer.
8. 11/11/2011 - This was probably the strangest day of my life. In 1994, I made a pact with a bunch of friends from high school that we would meet on Bald Hill near where I grew up on this date at 11:11 am to catch up and see where our lives had taken us. We all reconnected in 2011 over Facebook, but I couldn't go to the reunion. On that day my mom passed away. We had a complicated relationship, and I thought about experiences I'd had growing up with my friends and my mom. The amazing thing is, after my friends met up, they went to a restaurant. Coincidentally, my dad and stepmom showed up at the restaurant at the same time, and you can see them in the background of a picture taken of my friends.
9. You're Always Beautiful - Last year, I wrote a Valentines Day card for my wife about how she always asks me how she looks when she tries on an outfit. I always tell her she looks beautiful. The card I wrote explained that I say it because good hair day or bad hair day, nice outfit or not so nice, she's always beautiful to me. As I wrote the card, this song came to me. There wasn't much of a composition process. It's the only time I've heard something almost completely in my head and just had to figure out how to play it.